Lorentz JÄNTSCHI (lori) works ?id=106
- [id] => 106
- [recorddate] => 2007:03:21:19:04:19
- [lastupdate] => 2007:03:21:19:04:19
- [type] => article
- [place] => www, Internet
- [subject] => chemistry - general; chemistry - physical; education - evaluation; education - management; education - methodology; education - policy; informatics - applied; informatics - databases; informatics - web programming
- [relatedworks] => N/A
- [file] => ?f=106
- [mime] => application/pdf
- [size] => 130281
- [pubname] => International Journal of Education and Development using Information and Communication Technology
- [pubinfo] => The University of the West Indies, Barbados
- [pubkey] => ISSN 1814-0556
- [workinfo] => 3(1): a242
- [year] => 2007
- [title] => Computer-based testing on physical chemistry topic: a case study
- [authors] => Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ, Lorentz JÄNTSCHI
- [abstract] =>
According with national trends in the objective evaluation of undergraduate students’ knowledge, an auto-calibrated online evaluation system was developed. The aim of the research was to assess the knowledge on physical chemistry topic of the undergraduate first year students’ at the Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering, the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania by the use of the developed auto-calibrated system. The methodology of multiple-choice questions construction and the evaluation methodology are presented. The students performances in terms of number of correct answers and time needed to give a correct answer were collected and analyzed.
The future plans of system development are highlighted.
- [keywords] => auto-calibrated online evaluation; multiple choice questions (MCQs); physical chemistry; undergraduate students
- [acknowledgment] => The research was partly supported by UEFISCSU Romania through the project ET46/2006.