Lorentz JÄNTSCHI (lori) works ?id=146
- [id] => 146
- [recorddate] => 2007:10:06:17:02:35
- [lastupdate] => 2007:10:06:17:02:35
- [type] => conference
- [place] => Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
- [subject] => chemistry - analytical; informatics - models implementation; informatics - web programming
- [relatedworks] =>
- 2 (average):
- Molecular descriptors family on chromatography, ?id=147
- 3 (low):
- Free software development. 3. Numerical description of soft acid with soft base titration, ?id=16
- [file] => ?f=146
- [mime] => application/pdf
- [size] => 399046
- [pubname] => BBCAC-4 4th Black Sea Basin Conference on Analytical Chemistry
- [pubinfo] => "St. Kliment Ohridski" University of Sofia
- [pubkey] => Poster P127
- [workinfo] => September 19-23
- [year] => 2007
- [title] => Solvent mixtures tool for separation of biological active compounds
- [authors] => Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ, Lorentz JÄNTSCHI
- [abstract] =>
Chromatographic mobile phase mixtures offer a great opportunity for better analytical separation in both qualitative TLC and quantitative HPLC methods. The chromatographic mobile phase preparation involves a numeric taxonomy procedure for mixture constituents selecting, based on solvent strengths, and a optimization of its composition based on a series of factorial analysis designed experiments [1,2].
A set of samples containing compounds with same biological activity were investigated using the previous described procedures. A mathematical model was build in order to apply the factorial analysis on given set of experiments.
Following classes were subject of the investigations: steroids, androstane isomers, hydrophilic vitamins, N-alkyl phenothiazine sulfones, and benzodiazepines.
Features of the developed application are underlined, such as chousing of the mathematical model type (with six of seven unknown parameters), chousing of the desired chromatographic parameter (retention time, resolution, information energy, etc.), chousing of behavior of the objective function (minimizing of, or maximizing of), and chousing the plot characteristics (colors, domain of interest, etc.).
The application is available online and it is freely to be use:
The mobile phase optimization process proved to be able to provide accurate, precise and reproducible method on characterization and analysis of chromatographic parameters.
 C. Cimpoiu, L. Jäntschi, T. Hodisan. Journal of Planar Chromatography - Modern TLC, 11 (1998) 191-194.
 C. Cimpoiu, L. Jäntschi, T. Hodisan. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies 22 (1999) 1429-1441.
- [keywords] => Mobile phase optimization
- [acknowledgment] => Acknowledgment
Thanks for financial support from UEFISCSU Romania, through Grant no. 108/2006.