Lorentz JÄNTSCHI (lori) works ?id=287
- [id] => 287
- [recorddate] => 2016:08:26:13:49:43
- [lastupdate] => 2016:08:26:13:49:43
- [type] => article
- [place] => Cairo, Egypt
- [subject] => biology - biostatistics; mathematics - modeling; mathematics - probability theory; research - methodology
- [relatedworks] =>
- 0 (highest):
- Distribution on contingency of alignment of two literal sequences under constrains, ?id=286
- [file] => ?f=287
- [mime] => application/pdf
- [size] => 426969
- [pubname] => Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine
- [pubinfo] => Hindawi
- [pubkey] => ISSN 1748-670X, eISSN 1748-6718
- [workinfo] => 2015: 360752 (11p). DOI: 10.1155/2015/360752
- [year] => 2015
- [title] => Inside of the linear relation between dependent and independent variables
- [authors] => Lorentz JÄNTSCHI, Lavinia L. PRUTEANU, Alina C. COZMA, Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ
- [abstract] =>
Simple and multiple linear regression analyses are statistical methods used to investigate the link between activity/property of active compounds and the structural chemical features.
One assumption of the linear regression is that the errors follow a normal distribution.
This paper introduced a new approach to solving the simple linear regression in which no assumptions about the distribution of the errors are made.
The proposed approach maximizes the probability of observing the event according to the random error.
The use of the proposed approach is illustrated in ten classes of compounds with different activities or properties.
The proposed method proved reliable and was showed to fit properly the observed data compared to the convenient approach of normal distribution of the errors.
- [keywords] => simple linear regression; maximum likelihood estimate; Gauss-Laplace distribution
- [acknowledgment] => Dr. Alina C. Cozma is a fellow of POSDRU Grant no. 159/1.5/S/138776 entitled "Model colaborativ institutional pentru translatarea cercetarii stiintifice biomedicale în practica clinica, TRANSCENT.".