Lorentz JÄNTSCHI (lori) works ?id=89
- [id] => 89
- [recorddate] => 2007:01:14:16:03:42
- [lastupdate] => 2007:01:14:16:03:42
- [type] => article
- [place] => Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- [subject] => education - evaluation; education - management; education - methodology; education - policy; education - training; informatics - web programming; medicine - informatics; research - management; research - methodology
- [relatedworks] => N/A
- [file] => ?f=89
- [mime] => application/pdf
- [size] => 91904
- [pubname] => 11th International Symposium for Health Information Management Research, July 14-16
- [pubinfo] => Dalhousie University
- [pubkey] => ISBN 0-7703-9016-1
- [workinfo] => 2006: 220-226
- [year] => 2006
- [title] => Computer-assisted training and evaluation system in evidence-based medicine
- [authors] => Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ, Lorentz JÄNTSCHI
- [abstract] =>
AIM: According with the national trends in improving health care services a computer-assisted system was developed as a training and evaluation environment in evidence-based medicine.
METHODS: Thirteen tutorials, six supplemental resources on evidence-based medicine topics, and an evaluation system were developed and integrated into a portable application by the use of Microsoft HTML Help program. Forty students were enrolled voluntary into the study. The students’ knowledge and skills were assessed at the beginning and at the completion of self-directed training by the use of computer- and tutor-assisted multiple-choice questionnaires.
RESULTS: The computer assisted training and evaluation system proved to be effective in evidence-based medicine education, improving students’ knowledge as well as theirs abilities in decisional process for specific medical situations.
CONCLUSIONS: Evidence-based training strategy improved students’ knowledge, giving them the information needed to use of best available evidence in medical decisions. The strategy can be use in continuing medical education, offering to physicians a reliable and flexible training in EBM.
- [keywords] => computer-assisted training and evaluation environment; continuing medical education; evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- [acknowledgment] => The research was partly supported through project ET46/2006 by UEFISCSU Romania.