Lorentz JÄNTSCHI (lori) works ?id=98
- [id] => 98
- [recorddate] => 2007:01:14:16:35:46
- [lastupdate] => 2007:01:14:16:35:46
- [type] => conference
- [place] => Tale, Slovakia
- [subject] => chemistry - analytical; informatics - models implementation; mathematics - modeling; research - evaluation; research - methodology
- [relatedworks] =>
- 4 (some):
- Online system for molecular descriptors family on structure-activity relationships: assessment and characterization of biologic active compounds, ?id=99
- [file] => ?f=98
- [mime] => application/pdf
- [size] => 161897
- [pubname] => 6th European Conference on Computational Chemistry,
- [pubinfo] => European Association for Chemical and Molecular Sciences
- [pubkey] => Poster P46
- [workinfo] => September 3-7
- [year] => 2006
- [title] => Mobile phase optimization in three solvents high performance thin-layer chromatography: methodology and evaluation
- [authors] => Lorentz JÄNTSCHI, Sorana D. BOLBOACĂ, Mihaela L. UNGUREŞAN
- [abstract] =>
The optimization of the chromatographic mobile phase proved to be possible when the number of experimental determinations of separation parameters for each compound is obtained for more than one distinct compositions of mobile phase, at least equal with the number of variable use in the mathematical model [1,2]. Starting from this point of view a mobile phase optimization program based on an original mathematical approach was developed and its performances were tested by applying on three sets of compounds.
The original optimization procedure start from the idea that into a mixture of three solvents the quantitative measure of the choused chromatographic parameter is dependent on composition of mobile phase through an equation of dependency with six or seven parameters, taking into consideration the molar fraction of the solvents. The optimization procedure was included into a program and applied on three sets of previous studied compounds (two sets of steroids and one set of N-alkyl phenothiazine sulfone) through high performance thin-layer chromatography with three solvents.
The mobile phase optimization process proved to be able to provide accurate, precise and reproducible method of characterization and analysis of chromatographic parameters.
 C. Cimpoiu, L. Jäntschi, T. Hodisan. Journal of Planar Chromatography - Modern TLC, 11 (1998) 191-194.
 C. Cimpoiu, L. Jäntschi, T. Hodisan. Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies 22 (1999) 1429-1441.
- [keywords] => HPTLC; Mobile phase optimization; Numerical optimization; Mathematical model
- [acknowledgment] => The research was partly supported by UEFISCSU Romania through ET/36/2005 project.